Monday, November 14, 2011

homemade christmas.

honestly, i've had these christmas decorations up for a few weeks now. people think i'm nuts, but i couldn't help myself. i love christmas! and when i've had my fall decor up since september, i'm ready for a change of scenery.

i've been wanting to decorate with cranberries for christmas. it's classic. i did some reading and it looked as though i could use cranberries with no risk of them going bad by the time the christmas season ends. granted, i will have these out for longer than the average person. oh well, we'll see. so i made this.


i picked some sticks (from my sister's landscaping, little does she know) and painted them a gold/champagne color. i used acrylic paint because i thought i would create a streaky look, but i ended up painting all the sticks so i may go for spray paint in the future. i cut out some leaves, added some paint, and assembled the centerpiece. i love it.

the next thing i made was my flag garland. they came out looking like this.




i also "made" a wreath for my front door. money is super tight now, so i didn't go for the yarn wreath like i had planned. all i did was buy a really cheap fake evergreen wreath at a.c.moore (i think it was on sale for $1.49) and wrapped it with some gold berry garland. it's a simple look that was easy and cheap. works for me.


i'm sure there will be more where this came from!

2 comments:

  1. Gretchen,
    Beautiful decor. Particularly like using cranberries...I get so excited when I see them in the grocery store in the fall. Of course, I like to eat them, but I like your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Gret! I love the flag bunting and have been trying to find time to make some Christmas flags myself. Did you use scrapbook paper or fabric? It's never too early to decorate for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete